Scaffolding is the structure used in the construction industry. It is used to support the construction, maintenance or repair of building, bridges or any other structure. Seventeen thousand years ago the scaffold system was used to make the painting on the ceiling. The earlier scaffold was made of wood and use to construct tall buildings of Greece, Egypt, Malaysia and other countries. Even today in some country like India wooden scaffold is used in the construction of a structure.
Nowadays only four types of scaffold are used worldwide, which are as follows
- Tube and coupler.
- Prefabricated scaffold.
- H-Frame modular scaffold.
- Timber Scaffold.
There are various types of scaffolding available in the market. The four mentioned above are the most famous. The scaffolding structure provides a platform to the worker to work efficiently on the site. Scaffolding is used for the variety of purposes other than construction like painting, repairing, window cleaning and much more.
Let’s see the other forms of scaffolding in Malaysia
- The most common are supported scaffolding which is a commonly used at the construction site. It is used for heavyweight loading. It is cheap and convenient.
- There is suspended scaffolding where it is suspended from the roof. It is used for cleaning windows of tall buildings in general.
- Rolling scaffolding is used with the help of wheels. It is a technical kind of scaffolding where a wheel is locked for the safety of workers and employees.
- We have mobile scaffolding, which is very safe in use. It can use for multiple time from one site to another site.
- The next is an aerial lift scaffolding, which is used to load heavy and large amount of materials. It is very easy and safe to use. A number of workers can work here.
These are just the form further scaffolding Malaysia varies according to the purpose and type of material used in its. It can be wooden or metal. It comes in an end number of varieties.